Impress your neighbours with these home-made treats by KidSpot Kitchen. This easy-to-follow Christmas tree brownie recipe is so simple even the kids can get involved.
- 3/4 cup butter (melted)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (sifted)
- 1 tub Betty Crocker vanilla icing
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a round cake tin with baking paper and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the sugar and eggs together and light and fluffy.
- Beat in the flour, melted butter, cocoa and vanilla until well combined.
- Pour into cake tin and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Leave to cool and slice into 8 wedges.
- Place the vanilla icing in a ziplock bag and snip the corner off. Pipe the icing onto the wedges to cover the whole brownie.
- Place a rice cracker into the bottom to create a tree stump.
- Decorate with various decorations to your liking.
You can find the Christmas tree brownie recipe and a demonstrative video on the KidSpot website here.
Don’t forget to show us your baking skills by tagging us on Instagram @hillstowe_officer.