So, you’ve decided that you don’t want to purchase an older established home that someone else has already lived in – preferring to choose a brand-new home that suits your unique individual lifestyle.
But did you know that there are lots of different buying options at your disposal?
We clarify the differences between Ready Built turnkey homes, Off the Plan house and land packages and custom-built properties so you can make the right decision for your future.
Ready Built Turnkey Home – Move-in magic
Complete turnkey – meaning move in ready – you can literally move into a ready built turnkey home and start your new life, essentials like flooring, blinds, landscaping, fencing and other necessary fixtures & fittings are all included.
Great option for buyers who don’t want the stress or additional costs in completing their home after moving in – they just want to start enjoying their new home immediately!
If you simply don’t have the time to attend numerous planning appointments around home plans, fixtures, fittings, electrical plans & specific designs – then a turnkey home could be the best option for you.
- Pro: If you want a stress-free new home at a fixed price this is the way to go. You are purchasing a fully complete home – no waiting for land titles or construction time – these homes are ready to move into now.
- Con: Turnkey homes can appear more expensive up front – because of the extra level of inclusions required in fully completing the home. However, offer convenience – you can simply turn the key and start living in your new property.
Off the plan – House & Land Package: Deciding What You Need.
Buying a house and land package gives you the best of both worlds. Choose from thousands of Home Builder Home Plans – meaning you don’t need to have an architectural background to create your perfect home.
With a house and land package you’re encouraged to communicate with your builder to ensure you get exactly what you’re looking for in terms of inclusions and upgrades.
- Pro 1: Myriad of Design choices to choose – choose your own home colours, upgrades and fittings – and level of home inclusions in accordance with your specific budget – also enjoy one on one service and advice from your personal Home Building Consultant.
- Pro 2: Building a new home – allows you to explore your eligibility regarding the range of government grants and stamp duty exemptions offered in individual Australian States.
- Pro 3: Selected Home Builders can offer complete turkey inclusions in your off the plan House & Land Package including landscaping and fencing.
- Con: You need to allow time for land settlement and construction of your new brand-new home.
Off the Plan – Custom-built Property: Your Property Dreams Realised
Many home building companies will offer custom built home design & building services – meaning all the choices are in your court – alternatively you may to choose your architect to design your home, whereas you then select the Builder for the job – in essence, you get to run the show.
- Pro: Reality permitting, you really can build whatever type of unique home you like or get the best home design to suit your lot orientation or symmetry. Or for example – take advantage of innovative design concepts as passive design to lower your overall energy consumption.
- Con: It can be a time-consuming job that involves a high level of detail and participation – also as designs require individual drafting and quantity estimating services – overall building costs tend to be higher.
So, Which Should You Choose?
There’s no one-size-fits-all decision that will make every Australian homeowner happy. Instead, it depends on a few important factors – your time you wish to invest in planning of the home, your budget and how long you wish to wait before moving in, and where around the country you want to live.
The big positive is that if you choose to live in a master-planned community – and Savana, Bloomdale and Hillstowe in Victoria – you will get the home of your dreams, in a fantastic location that’s close to public transport, essential amenities and in a neighbourhood filled with friendly, like-minded homeowners.