Signed AFLW Sherrin Football Competition
AVID Property Group
Hillstowe Collingwood Football Club Giveaway Promotion
Conditions of entry (Conditions)
- Information about prizes and how to enter forms part of these Conditions. By
entering, entrants accept these Conditions. Nothing in these Conditions
restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any
statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition
and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- Entry is open only to Australian residents aged 18 years or older. Directors,
management and employees of the Promoter, associated companies or
agencies as well as the immediate families of each of these people are not
eligible to enter.
- The promotion begins at 12:01 am (AEST) on 7 September 2020 and closes at
11.59 pm (AEST) on 14 September 2020 (Promotion Period).
- To enter, entrants must, during the Promotion Period share the competition
post from AVID’s Facebook, available at
https://www.facebook.com/HillstoweOfficer/ and comment on the competition
post explaining why they want to score a signed AFLW Sherrin Football.
- Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Promotion Period.
Multiple entries are permitted but each entry must be based on a different
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete,
incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries,
claims or correspondence, whether due to error, omission, alteration,
tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption,
communications failure or otherwise. The Promoter has no control over mobile
telephone communications, networks or lines and accepts no responsibility for
any problems associated with them, whether due to traffic congestion,
technical malfunction or otherwise.
- The Promoter is not liable for any consequences of user error including
(without limitation) costs incurred.
- Each entrant is responsible for the entry they submit and for paying for the
costs associated with entering the promotion and accessing the Facebook
- The Promoter’s judging panel will review all valid entries received during the
Promotion Period. On the day after the end of the Promotional Period, the
judging panel will judge all entries based on creativity and originality. This is a
game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. The five
entries judged to be the best entries will each win a prize. The Promoter’s and
judges’ decisions in relation to all aspects of the promotion is final and no
correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries that are found to have been derived from third party work will be
considered invalid and, if awarded a prize, that prize must be returned to the
Promoter. Without limiting the generality of other conditions, the Promoter
reserves the right to take legal action against anyone found to have breached
this condition. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to (a) not
consider any entry which is not in accordance with these Conditions and (b)
disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached
any of these conditions of entry or engaged in any unlawful or other improper
misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the
promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages and other
compensation are reserved.
- Each entrant warrants and agrees that:
- (a) the entrant has created the entry by himself or herself;
- (b) the entrant is entitled to reproduce and exploit all of the underlying works
in the entry;
- (c) the entrant will not submit material in their entry that is copyrighted,
protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary
rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless the entrant is the
owner of such rights;
- (d) the entrant has not been previously published in any other medium or
- (e) they will not submit material that is unlawful; obscene; defamatory;
derogatory; threatening; pornographic; sexually inappropriate; violent;
abusive; harassing; hateful; racially, religiously or ethnically offensive; or
encourages, evidences or indicates conduct that would be considered a
criminal offence, gives rise to civil liability or violates any law;
- (f) the entry will not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or
- (g) the entrant has not granted rights to their entry to any other person which
are inconsistent with the rights granted to the Promoter.
- Each entrant consents to the Promoter (and each of its assignees and
licensees) doing or omitting to do anything which may infringe any and all
moral rights of the entrant including to edit, alter and reproduce the entry, and
that such consents have been obtained to the full extent permitted under the
Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
- As a condition of accepting the prize, each winner agrees to:
- (a) if required by the Promoter, sign a statutory declaration regarding the
originality of their entry; and
- (b) irrevocably and unconditionally assign to the Promoter all of the entrant’s
right, title and interest (including, without limitation, all intellectual
property rights such as present and future copyright) in and to the
winning entry and to sign a document (in a form to be determined by the
Promoter) to acknowledge this assignment to the Promoter.
- (a) if required by the Promoter, sign a statutory declaration regarding the
- Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that if their entry wins, the Promoter
(and each of its assignees and licensees) have the right, in their absolute
discretion, to edit, amend, copy, use, publish, broadcast and communicate to
the public, the entry in any media including the internet, without any further
consultation, reference, payment or any other compensation to the entrant.
- Each entrant must create their own entry and only submit an entry in their own
name. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
- The winning entrant will receive one signed AFLW Sherrin Football, valued at
$250 (including GST).
- The total prize pool is valued at $250. All prize values are the recommended
retail value (including GST) in Australia as provided by the supplier and are
correct at the time of printing.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for
any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or
loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or
sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection
with this promotion or accepting or using any prize, except for any liability
which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the
minimum allowable by law).
- Once any prize has left the Promoter’s premises, the Promoter and its
agencies and companies associated with the promotion will not be responsible
for any loss or damage to the prize.
- Each winner will be notified via Facebook on the day after the end of the
- The Promoter may require a winner to verify their entry and may require a
winner or their nominee to provide proof of identity, age, purchase or residency
at the nominated prize delivery address. Proof considered suitable for
verification is at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure to provide any of this
verification to the Promoter upon request may, at the Promoter’s discretion,
invalidate any or all of the entrant’s entries.
- The winner or a nominee notified by the winner to the Promoter in writing must
collect their prize at the Hillstowe Sales and Information Centre, 415 Princes
Highway, Officer VIC 3809 by 4:00 pm (AEST) on 13 October 2020 (or by
arrangement subject to any CoVid-19 restrictions on movements and the reopening
date of the Sales and Information Centre). In the event of a prize not
being accepted or claimed within this time, the winner will be taken to have
forfeited their prize and no redraws will be conducted.
- If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these Conditions, the entry will
- The Promoter may verify the validity of entries and, in its sole discretion,
disqualify all entries from, and prohibit further participation in this promotion by,
any person who manipulates or tampers with or benefits from any manipulation
of or tampering with the entry process or the operation of the promotion
(including, but not limited to, soliciting votes; disguising an IP address; using
multiple email addresses, aliases or other electronic account to submit multiple
entries for the same person); violates these Conditions; acts in a disruptive or
dishonest manner; acts with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any
other person or jeopardises the fair operation of the promotion.
- Prizes are not exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. If, for any
reason, a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by
the Promoter, that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash
will not be supplied in lieu of that element of the prize. The Promoter accepts
no responsibility for any variation in prize value. Where a prize is unavailable
for any reason, the Promoter may substitute for that prize another item of equal
or higher value as determined by the Promoter.
- If, for any reason, any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as
planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, mobile network
failure, bugs, tampering, manipulation, unauthorised intervention, fraud,
technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which
corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper
conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel,
terminate, modify or suspend the promotion or invalidate any affected entries.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise
from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought.
Where the operation of this promotion results in, for GST purposes, supplies
being made for non-monetary consideration, entrants agree to follow the
Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s
length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market
- Each entrant completely releases Facebook from any and all liability in relation
to this promotion and each entrant acknowledges that the promotion is in no
way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- The Promoter is AVID Residential Group Pty Limited ACN 098 527 390 of
Suite 2, Level 35, 259 George Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 and its related entity
that is the Seller at Hillstowe, Officer, Victoria